Working at elevated heights is no easy feat and sadly 42 percent of construction worker deaths involve falls. That’s why we put so much emphasis on quality safety fall protection equipment and education. We created the uniquely engineered Hybrid Hog Self-Retracting Lifeline to meet the strict standards of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
We’ve expertly designed one SRL that meets the rigorous standards of both OSHA and ANSI for SRL Class 1. A lower maximum arresting force significantly improves the safety factor of the device, and the MAF of the Hybrid Hog SRL is 900lbs! This compact, lightweight, and durable design makes transporting and storage easy, and it even comes with a convenient carry handle!
The Hybrid Hog retractable lifeline features 360° swivel top and bottom connection points to help save time and effort when clipping in and out. We know that working in the field can be hard on your equipment, so we’ve built this SRL with a galvanized steel cable and connectors. The connections and cable work in harmony with the housing to ensure a seamlessly smooth payout and retraction. With proper care and inspections, you can keep your Hybrid Hog in action for years.
We understand that lugging around equipment slows you down, so we made sure to create a lightweight and durable housing for the Hybrid Hog retractable lifeline. The Hybrid Hog comes in both a Hog 20′ Dual Class SRL and a Hog 30′ Dual Class SRL, and feature a stackable design that makes storage much easier and takes up less space.
These handy little Hybrid Hog SRL’s are built with innovation and functionality in mind and feature a built-in handle to allow for convenient carrying around the worksite. When you’re working at heights, trouble-free actions are essential to your safety, so we feature a labor-saving 360° swivel top connector to make it easier to attach your hybrid SRL to the anchor. We’ve also found that attaching your self-retracting lifeline bottom connection point to your D-Ring can be an awkward task, so we have included a user-friendly 360° swivel bottom connector to assist in a quick and successful connection.
How to Inspect Your Self Retracting Lifeline Correctly
Inspecting your equipment is an essential action when ensuring safety, there’s no point in wearing a lifeline if it’s going to fail when you actually need it. Using old or inadequate safety materials can have a detrimental outcome if a fall occurs. It’s important to inspect your gear prior to each and every use; your life is literally on the line, so take the time to examine.
Here are some tips on how to successfully check over your self-retracting lifeline.
- Examine Metal Components:
- The Fall Indicator: located at the connection point on your SRL. When the force indicator has been tripped, it indicates that fall-like impact forces have been applied on the self-retracting lifeline. If the fall indicator has been tripped, you will see a red indicator at the connection point and the device should be immediately removed from service.
- The Snap Hook: Ensure the mechanism opens and closes properly. Press on the gate to confirm it cannot be forced open. Please check to validate that the snap hook is not bent or deformed in any way.
- Inspect the Housing:
- Ensure all fasteners are present and tight.
- Inspect the label for serial number, batch number, manufacture date and part number.
- Inspect the Cable:
- If the cable gets tangled in the housing, it is no longer adequate for arresting a fall.
- Inspect the entire length of the cable for cuts, burns, frays, kinks or tears.
- Perform a Strike Test:
- Grip the handle and quickly pull downward on the cable, place all the force above the fall indicator so you do not accidentally trigger it.
- This will test the braking mechanism of your SRL
If you follow these tips and perform regular inspections, you will keep your SRL healthy for years of use. We also have handy downloadable safety inspection forms to help guide you through your SRL examination.
Malta Dynamics – Field Tested. Field Approved.
At Malta Dynamics, we have the distinct advantage of having a crew who actually uses our safety equipment in the field and actively sends feedback to help us make our products as efficient and user-friendly as possible. We engineer, manufacture and personally use all of our safety fall protection solutions. We are proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, we want you to have confidence that your workers will be safe, comfortable, and compliant while using our fall protection equipment.
No matter what industry you work in, we have gear that has been proven to withstand harsh environments and outperform trade safety standards. With over thirty years of experience in the construction industry, we have become experts in safety so you can count on us to cater all of your safety needs.
Have any general questions about our products? Interested in learning more about our Malta Dynamics Hybrid Hog SRL? Our team will assist you in finding the right safety solutions. Call 800-494-1840 for a representative or fill out our form.