We know the workday is full of rough hazards and bumps that can quickly run down the integrity of your tools and equipment, so we’ve engineered the Malta Dynamics Razorback™ Heavy-Duty 30′ Self-Retracting Lifeline to be the TOUGHEST SRL on the market. This heavy duty SRL incorporates a state-of-the-art newly designed quick-action braking system that will allow you to move with ease as you complete your job while providing the security and capability to arrest a fall and save your life, if needed.
The innovative new braking mechanism of the Razorback™ 30’ retractable lanyard is designed to reduce the space inside the housing to significantly limit backlash. This heavy duty SRL was made to handle even the toughest of trades and is manufactured with durable and non-corrosive components like the galvanized steel cable, alloy steel snap hook, and hard aluminum housing shell. The Razorback™ housing also boasts an impressive built-in handle for easy carrying and a timesaving 360° swivel top connection to rid the frustration of attaching and detaching the lifeline while allowing you to move freely and comfortably.
This 30’ retractable lanyard was crafted to meet or exceed ANSI and OSHA SRL standards including ANSI Z359.14-2014, ANSI A10.32-12, OSHA 1926 Subpart M, and OSHA 1910. At Malta Dynamics, we are dedicated to providing top-of-the-line safety fall protection and this 30’ cable SRL, like all of our products, has been tested to stand up to the roughest of worksites.
The Razorback™ 30’ SRL can support an ANSI rated worker weight capacity of 130-310lbs and comes equipped with a carabiner and tag line. This SRL is the whole package and a dynamic piece of equipment to trust your safety to. Built tough with rugged capability and an expertly engineered design, the Razorback™ 30’ cable self-retracting lifeline provides outstanding performance and the dependability expected with the Malta Dynamics name.
How to Inspect Your Self Retracting Lifeline Correctly
Inspecting your fall protection equipment is an important action when ensuring safety. There’s no point in wearing a lifeline if it’s going to fail when you really need it. Using outdated or inadequate equipment can have a tragic outcome if a fall occurs. It’s essential to examine your gear prior to each and every use; your life is on the line, so take the time to inspect.
Here are some guidelines on how to successfully examine your self-retracting lifeline.
- Inspect Metal Components:
- The Fall Indicator: located at the connection point on your self-retracting lifeline. When the fall indicator has been tripped, it shows that fall-like impact forces have been applied on the self-retracting lifeline. If the fall indicator has been tripped, you will see a red indicator at the connection point and the SRL should be removed immediately from use.
- The Snap Hook: Make sure the gate opens and closes properly. Press on the gate opening to ensure it cannot be forced open. Please check to confirm that the snap hook is not bent or deformed in any way.
- Inspect the Housing:
- Make sure that all fasteners are present and tight.
- Examine the label for serial number, batch number, manufacture date and part number.
- Inspect the Cable:
- If the cable gets caught in the housing, it is no longer approved for arresting a fall.
- Examine the entire length of the cable for cuts, burns, frays, kinks or tears.
- Issue a Strike Test:
- Grip the handle and quickly pull down on the cable, remember to grasp above the fall indicator so you do not accidentally trigger it.
- This will test the braking mechanism of your self-retracting lifeline
If you follow these guidelines and perform regular inspections, you will keep your self-retracting lifeline in working order for years of use. We also have helpful downloadable safety inspection forms to guide you through your SRL inspection.
Malta Dynamics – Field Tested, Field Approved
At Malta Dynamics, we have the distinct advantage of having crews of workers in the field who actively use our safety equipment and send feedback to help us make our products as effective and user-friendly as possible. We design, test, and personally use all of our safety fall protection solutions, so when we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, we are positive that your workers will be safe, comfortable, and OSHA compliant while using our products.
Whatever industry you work in, we have gear that has been proven to withstand the toughest environments and outperform industry safety standards. With over thirty years of experience in the construction industry, we have become the experts in safety so you can count on us to cater to all your safety needs. We listen to the men and women who must wear safety fall protection daily. We trust your opinion, so you can trust our equipment. Field tested, field approved by workers like you.
Have any questions about our products? Interested in learning more about our Malta Dynamics The Razorback™ SRL? Our team will gladly assist you in finding the right safety solutions. Call 800-494-1840 for a representative or fill out our form.