The 6’ Pygmy Hog SRL with Rebar Hook from Malta Dynamics is a versatile, light-weight Personal lifeline for many applications. The bright poly webbing is easy to inspect, and the hard polymer exterior is durable for everyday use. This 6’ Class 1-P is designed for above back D-Ring use and can be used as a single lifeline with its 360-degree swivel top or can be used for 100% tie-off as a dual lifeline.
The popular Rebar hook is also known as a pelican or scaffold hook and has a wider gate opening to accommodate a variety of anchorages. The interior braking mechanism, and exterior shock pack work together to arrest a fall on workers up to 310 lbs. These features along with our ‘Field Tested, Field Approved’ stamp of approval make the 6’ Pygmy Hog SRL with Rebar Hook is one of the most dependable and usable personal lifelines.
How to Inspect Your Self Retracting Lifeline Correctly
Inspecting your equipment is an essential action when ensuring safety. There’s no point in wearing a lifeline if it’s going to fail when you need it. Using old or inadequate safety materials can have a detrimental outcome if a fall occurs. It’s important to inspect your gear prior to each and every use; your life is literally on the line, so take the time to examine your equipment.
Here are some tips on how to successfully check over your self-retracting lifeline.
- Examine Metal Components
- The Fall Indicator: located at the connection point on your SRL. When the force indicator has been tripped, it indicates that fall-like impact forces have been applied on the self-retracting lifeline. If the fall indicator has been tripped, you will see a red indicator at the connection point and the device should be immediately removed from service.
- The Snap Hook: Ensure the mechanism opens and closes properly. Press on the gate to confirm it cannot be forced open. Please check to validate that the snap hook is not bent or deformed in any way.
- Inspect the Housing:
- Ensure all fasteners are present and tight.
- Inspect the label for serial number, batch number, manufacture date and part number.
- Inspect the Cable:
- If the cable gets tangled in the housing, it is no longer adequate for arresting a fall.
- Inspect the entire length of the cable for cuts, burns, frays, kinks, or tears.
- Perform a Strike Test:
- Grip the handle and quickly pull downward on the cable, place all the force above the fall indicator so you do not accidentally trigger it.
- This will test the braking mechanism of your SRL.
If you follow these tips and perform regular inspections, you will keep your SRL healthy for years of use. We also have handy downloadable safety inspection forms to help guide you through your SRL examination.
Malta Dynamics – Field Tested, Worker Approved
At Malta Dynamics, we have the unique advantage of having a crew who uses our safety equipment in the field that actively sends feedback to help us make our products as efficient and user-friendly as possible. We engineer, manufacture, and personally use all of our safety fall protection solutions. We are proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, we want you to have confidence that your workers will be safe, comfortable, and compliant while using our safety products.
No matter what industry you work in, we have gear that has been proven to withstand harsh environments and outperform trade safety standards. With over thirty years of experience in the construction industry, we have become experts in safety so you can count on us to cater to all your safety needs.