Showing all 6 results
$8.49Key Features: ● Meets ANSI Z359.18-2017 and ANSI A10.32-12 ● Compliant with OSHA 1910 and OSHA 1926 Subpart M ● Product Weight: 0.4 lbs. ● Increased durability with heavy duty polyester web sheath ● The premium heavy duty sheath protects the inner core against abrasion and wear ● ANSI Z359 compliance capacity range is 130-310 lbs. ● Material: Polyester ● Min. Breaking Strength 5,000 lbs.
$9.49Key Features: ● Meets ANSI Z359.18-2017 ● Compliant with OSHA 1910 and OSHA 1926 Subpart M ● Product Weight: 0.6 lbs. ● Increased durability with heavy duty polyester web sheath ● The premium heavy duty sheath protects the inner core against abrasion and wear ● Large D-ring and standard size D-ring for easy pass-thru ● ANSI Z359 compliance capacity range is 130-310 lbs. ● Material: Polyester and galvanized steel ● Min. Breaking Strength 5,500 lbs.
$96.49Key Features: ● Meets ANSI Z359.18-2017 and ANSI A10.32-12 ● Compliant with OSHA 1910 and OSHA 1926 Subpart M ● Product Weight: 1.8 lbs. ● Simple mount and bolt on system ● Easy installation and removal ● Swivels full 360° ● Great for first-man-up system ● Worker Capacity Range: 130-310 lbs. ● Material: Zinc plated steel ● Min. Breaking Strength: 10,000 lbs.
$283.49Key Features: ● Meets ANSI Z359.18-2017, ANSI A10.32-12 and CE-EN 795 ● Compliant with OSHA 1926.502 and OSHA 1910.66 ● Size: 1″ ● Weight: 0.9-lbs ● Used in concrete substrate only ● Breaking Strength: 10,000 lbf / 44kn ● Applications include: fall protection, restraint, work positioning
Anchors are designed to be part of a personal fall arrest system (PFAS). These systems are critical to protecting workers from falls while working at heights. Anchors attach to different types of surfaces where they will remain firm and support a person’s weight to lessen or prevent a fall. You can secure concrete anchors to concrete surfaces like floors, walls, columns and decking. Concrete anchors from Malta Dynamics are strong and reliable to keep workers safe.
Why You Need A Concrete Anchor From Malta Dynamics
Falls constitute a fifth of all on-the-job injuries, so it makes sense to put measures in place to prevent falls and mitigate their effects. Fall protection is even required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for any work done at elevations or over dangerous equipment. OSHA reports that this requirement tops its list of the most common citations and has done so every year for the last decade.
Employers should get the fall protection equipment needed to comply with OSHA requirements and keep their workers safe. An essential part of that equation is an anchor, and a concrete anchor is just the option you need on some projects. Concrete anchors fasten inside concrete, giving you a strong anchor point for your lanyard or lifeline and body harness.
How Concrete Anchors Work
Anchors support the weight of a worker who is accelerating from a fall. You’ll find durable materials in these devices, like stainless steel concrete anchors, and other heavy-duty components. To function properly, a concrete anchor must be securely fixed to the concrete surface. There are two basic ways concrete anchors can fasten to a concrete surface depending on whether the concrete is in the process of being poured or is already hardened. Whether you’re using concrete wall anchors or other types, you may consider:
- Embedding as you pour: On a construction project where you’re in the process of pouring concrete, you can embed an anchor into the material. Loop it over a piece of vertical steel rebar and pour the rest of the concrete. Once the concrete has fully cured, you can use your concrete anchor.
- Drilling into cured concrete: When you’re working on a project where you need to secure your anchor to already cured concrete, you can do that, too. In this case, use a precast hole or drill a hole into the concrete, ensuring it’s the right depth and diameter. Then you insert your concrete anchor and allow it to expand or bolt it down to hold the component firmly in place.
Types of Concrete Anchors
Concrete anchors from Malta Dynamics come in four different types:
- Concrete anchor straps: Concrete anchor straps, including our 4′ Concrete Anchor Strap and 4′ Web Only Concrete Anchor Strap, are made with heavy-duty polyester to withstand an impressive amount of weight. By looping an anchor strap over a piece of rebar and pouring concrete over top and letting it cure, you get a permanent anchor point. You can also use strap anchors as temporary concrete anchors when necessary and you have a rigid attachment point that meets OSHA’s requirements for anchorage strength.
- Swivel anchors: Our 5K Swivel Anchor and 10K Swivel Anchor are made from zinc-plated steel and are designed to bolt down to concrete and be held securely in place. Swivel anchors rotate a full 360 degrees and flip 180 degrees, which makes them a convenient choice when you want a full range of motion around the anchor point. The difference between these products is their minimum breaking strength.
- Precast concrete toggle anchors: These toggle anchors are made to go in a precast concrete hole or steel flange. The toggle design on these anchors compresses the anchor so it can be easily inserted into the hole. Once inserted, the end of the anchor expands, holding the anchor securely inside the concrete. Choose between our 3/4″ toggle and our 7/8″ toggle. You can remove and reuse these toggles in other locations, creating a versatile design.
- Removable concrete anchors: Other removable concrete anchors are sometimes called wedge anchors. These anchors are equipped with a spring-loaded system that allows you to insert them into a predrilled hole. Once released, the anchor expands and becomes a secure concrete anchor point. These anchors are easy to install and offer impressive strength and have versatile applications. Choose between our 3/4″ Removable Concrete Anchor 5K and our 1″ Removable Concrete Anchor 10K.
Why Malta Dynamics Is the Most Trusted Source for Fall Protection
If you’re wondering where to buy fall protection, you’re already in the right place. Malta Dynamics was founded by a mason who wanted the very best fall protection products for his workers. Today, our team is made up of people who have worked in trades like masonry, construction and other industries for decades. We understand what workers need from their equipment, and we can deliver optimized solutions for your unique job site.
All our products meet or exceed OSHA requirements, but we don’t stop there. We take extra care to make our products as convenient to use as possible so they help you stay safe while you get the job done comfortably and efficiently. We firmly believe workers should be able to stay safe without sacrificing comfort, and our products make that possible.
Selecting the Best Concrete Anchor for Your Needs
All our fall protection anchors for concrete are ideal for their intended applications. To choose the best option, you need to consider factors like how you want to attach your anchor and how much weight it needs to support. You’ll also notice our products come in a range of price points so you can consider your budget as you shop, as well.
You may find it helpful to start by considering a couple of our best sellers — our 1″ Removable Concrete Anchor 10K and our 10K Swivel Anchor. Both of these anchors are great options to consider and will resist breakage up to an impressive 10,000 pounds. If you want to learn more about our concrete anchors, explore our product pages and consult our anchor manuals, which provide more details about how to safely use these anchors.
You can also check out our full body harnesses and connectors or self-retracting devices to create a full PFAS to keep workers protected while working at heights. We offer an extensive range of products to help keep workers safe.
If you have any questions or require bulk orders, our team would be happy to assist. Chat with us online or contact us by phone or email today.