50′ WARTHOG® SERIES SELF-RETRACTING LIFELINE
● Meets ANSI Z359.14-2014, ANSI A10.32-12
● Complaint with OSHA 1926 Subpart M, OSHA 1910
● ANSI Capacity Range: 130-310 lbs.
● Product Weight: 14.6 lbs.
● Lightweight and Durable Housing
● Comes with Swivel Top Connection Point
● Carabiner and Tagline Included
● RFID Chip
● Gripping Snout
● Connector Material: Galvanized Steel
● Lifeline Material: Galvanized Steel
● For overhead use only
455 in stock
- Spend $99.00 to get Free Shipping
Guarantee safe checkout
Malta Dynamics Warthog® Series Self Retracting Lifelines are some of the most durable SRLs available today and are manufactured in lengths ranging from 10’-100’. They are made of galvanized steel cable and high strength thermoplastic polymer for additional strength and durability. All of Malta Dynamics Warthog® SRLs are tested to the strict ANSI protocols and meet all applicable OSHA standards.
How to Inspect Your Self Retracting Lifeline Correctly
Inspecting your equipment is an essential action when ensuring safety. There’s no point in wearing a lifeline if it’s going to fail when you actually need it. Using old or inadequate safety materials can have a detrimental outcome if a fall occurs. It’s important to inspect your gear prior to each and every use; your life is literally on the line, so take the time to examine your fall protection equipment.
Here are some tips on how to successfully check over your self-retracting lifeline.
- Examine Metal Components:
- The Fall Indicator: located at the connection point on your SRL. When the force indicator has been tripped, it indicates that fall-like impact forces have been applied on the self-retracting lifeline. If the fall indicator has been tripped, you will see a red indicator at the connection point and the device should be immediately removed from service.
- The Snap Hook: Ensure the mechanism opens and closes properly. Press on the gate to confirm it cannot be forced open. Please check to validate that the snap hook is not bent or deformed in any way.
- Inspect the Housing: Ensure all fasteners are present and tight.
- Inspect the label for serial number, batch number, manufacture date and part number.
- Inspect the Cable:
- If the cable gets tangled in the housing, it is no longer adequate for arresting a fall.
- Inspect the entire length of the cable for cuts, burns, frays, kinks or tears.
- Perform a Strike Test:
- Grip the handle and quickly pull downward on the cable, place all the force above the fall indicator so you do not accidentally trigger it.
- This will test the braking mechanism of your SRL
If you follow these tips and perform regular inspections, you will keep your SRL healthy for years of use. We also have handy downloadable safety inspection forms to help guide you through your SRL examination.
Malta Dynamics – Field Tested. Field Approved.
At Malta Dynamics, we have the distinct advantage of having a crew who actually uses our safety equipment in the field and actively sends feedback to help us make our products as efficient and user-friendly as possible. We engineer, manufacture and personally use all of our safety fall protection solutions. We are proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, we want you to have confidence that your workers will be safe, comfortable, and compliant while using our equipment.
No matter what industry you work in, we have gear that has been proven to withstand harsh environments and outperform trade safety standards. With over thirty years of experience in the construction industry, we have become experts in safety so you can count on us to cater all of your safety needs.
Have any general questions about our products? Interested in learning more about our Malta Dynamics Warthog SRL? Our team will assist you in finding the right safety solutions. Call 800-494-1840 for a representative or fill out our form.
|Dimensions||16.5 × 11 × 5.5 in|