HYBRID HOG SERIES SELF-RETRACTING LIFELINES CLASS A & B 30′
● Hybrid Dual Class-Meets both ANSI Class A and Class B requirements simultaneously
● 900lb maximum average arresting force
● Meets ANSI Z359.14-2014 and ANSI A10.32-12
● OSHA 1926 Subpart M, OSHA 1910, 1926.502, and 1910.66
● Lightweight and Durable Housing
● Comes with Swivel Top and Bottom Connection Points
● Designed to lower impact force at impact
● Carabiner and Tagline Included
● RFID Chip
● Gripping Snout
● Side payout allows incredibly smooth cable payout and retraction
● Stackable design minimizes the space required for storage
● Worker Capacity Range: 130-310 lbs.
● Connector Material: Galvanized steel or aluminum
● Lifeline Material: Galvanized steel
● For overhead use only
● Convenient Carry Handle
334 in stock
- Spend $99.00 to get Free Shipping
Guarantee safe checkout
Working at elevated heights is no easy feat and sadly 42 percent of construction worker deaths involve falls. That’s why we put so much emphasis on quality safety fall protection equipment and education. We created the uniquely engineered Hybrid Hog Self-Retracting Lifeline to meet the strict standards of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
SRL’s usually fall into two different categories, but we’ve specifically designed the Hybrid Hog to meet or exceed the requirements for both SRL Class A and SRL Class B Self-Retracting Lifelines. One hog to meet both standards means you can work with confidence because we have already taken your best interest into account and done all of the research and thinking for you.
Self-Retracting Lifeline Class A provides a maximum fall arrest distance of 24 inches and is engineered to halt a worker quickly, usually in areas where there is limited fall clearance. We like to give the example of jamming on the breaks in your car. It’s a quick jerk but stops you from smashing into something.
Self-Retracting Lifeline Class B provides a larger maximum fall arrest distance of 54 inches. This SRL category is designed to gradually stop the worker from falling. In areas where there is a greater fall clearance, these SRL’s arrest the fall more gently. This is more like slowing your car down as you approach the stop sign instead of punching the brakes. When you can afford to slow down gradually, it’s a lot more comfortable. Because the Hybrid Hog was engineered to meet both Class A and Class B, the retractable lifeline has a maximum average arresting force of 900lb and features a superior 24-inch stop.
We understand that lugging around equipment slows you down, so we made sure to create a lightweight and durable housing for the Hybrid Hog retractable lifeline. The Hybrid Hog comes in both a Hog 20′ Dual Class SRL and a Hog 30′ Dual Class SRL, and feature a stackable design that makes storage much easier and takes up less space.
These handy little Hybrid Hog SRL’s are built with innovation and functionality in mind and feature a built-in handle to allow for convenient carrying around the worksite. When you’re working at heights, trouble-free actions are essential to your safety, so we feature a labor-saving 360° swivel top connector to make it easier to attach your hybrid SRL to the anchor. We’ve also found that attaching your self-retracting lifeline bottom connection point to your D-Ring can be an awkward task, so we have included a user-friendly 360° swivel bottom connector to assist in a quick and successful connection.
How to Inspect Your Self Retracting Lifeline Correctly
Inspecting your equipment is an essential action when ensuring safety, there’s no point in wearing a lifeline if it’s going to fail when you actually need it. Using old or inadequate safety materials can have a detrimental outcome if a fall occurs. It’s important to inspect your gear prior to each and every use; your life is literally on the line, so take the time to examine.
Here are some tips on how to successfully check over your self-retracting lifeline.
- Examine Metal Components:
- The Fall Indicator: located at the connection point on your SRL. When the force indicator has been tripped, it indicates that fall-like impact forces have been applied on the self-retracting lifeline. If the fall indicator has been tripped, you will see a red indicator at the connection point and the device should be immediately removed from service.
- The Snap Hook: Ensure the mechanism opens and closes properly. Press on the gate to confirm it cannot be forced open. Please check to validate that the snap hook is not bent or deformed in any way.
- Inspect the Housing:
- Ensure all fasteners are present and tight.
- Inspect the label for serial number, batch number, manufacture date and part number.
- Inspect the Cable:
- If the cable gets tangled in the housing, it is no longer adequate for arresting a fall.
- Inspect the entire length of the cable for cuts, burns, frays, kinks or tears.
- Perform a Strike Test:
- Grip the handle and quickly pull downward on the cable, place all the force above the fall indicator so you do not accidentally trigger it.
- This will test the braking mechanism of your SRL
If you follow these tips and perform regular inspections, you will keep your SRL healthy for years of use. We also have handy downloadable safety inspection forms to help guide you through your SRL examination.
Malta Dynamics – Field Tested, Worker Approved
At Malta Dynamics, we have the distinct advantage of having a crew who actually uses our safety equipment in the field and actively sends feedback to help us make our products as efficient and user-friendly as possible. We engineer, manufacture and personally use all of our safety fall protection solutions. We are proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, we want you to have confidence that your workers will be safe, comfortable, and compliant while using our creations.
No matter what industry you work in, we have gear that has been proven to withstand harsh environments and outperform trade safety standards. With over thirty years of experience in the construction industry, we have become experts in safety so you can count on us to cater all of your safety needs.
Have any general questions about our products? Interested in learning more about our Malta Dynamics Hybrid Hog SRL? Our team will assist you in finding the right safety solutions. Call 800-494-1840 for a representative or fill out our form.
|Dimensions||11 × 10 × 5 in|