The Malta Dynamics Tool Lanyard features a lightweight, aluminum alloy screw lock mini carabiner for attachment to your harness or tool belt. This retractable tool lanyard extends all the way out to 53” and sits in a relaxed position at 32”. Tool lanyards for hand tools are handy devices that workers use to attach tools to themselves while working at heights. Tool safety lanyards and tethering accessories help ensure, if your tool does happen to fall, it won’t reach the ground or hit someone below. The lanyard for tools stops the fall and prevents injuries to other workers and eliminates damage to your tools and other equipment. Tool tie-off lanyards are extremely lightweight, only 0.2 lbs., and you can easily attach multiple tool lanyards to your harness or tool belt. Tool lanyards are easily transportable, and this equipment lanyard is certified to support tools weighing up to 15 lbs. The Malta Dynamics Tool Lanyard features a safety orange and green color to keep you highly visible on the jobsite and lets you lower your equipment to work with both of your hands when you need them.
How To Use A Tool Lanyard
Instructions for use:
1. Pull rope loop end through applicable tool.
2. Pull carabiner end through rope loop, and cinch lanyard tight around tool.
a. NEVER attach tools in any other fashion.
b. NEVER tie knots in Malta Dynamics Tool Lanyards.
3. Attach carabiner to compatible harness work belt, tool belt, or lanyard keeper. Carabiner gate must be fully closed.
4. Ensure that the tool lanyard or connected tool will not disconnect.
5. Always take extreme caution when working near or operating machinery.
Inspection and Maintenance of Tool Safety Lanyards:
• This product must be inspected before each use and at least twice annually by a competent person.
• Inspect Tool Lanyard for cuts, tears, fraying, loose stitching, or other signs of wear and tear.
• Inspect cord-lock and carabiner for correct mechanical function, and check for cracks, dents, or bent parts.
• Check all parts for heavy soil or residue build-up, such as paint, oil, grease, and other substances.
• Discard and replace immediately if there are any signs of damage, defect, contamination, or excessive wear. This product can be cleaned using a damp rag soaked in a mild soap and water solution. Hang up and allow to air-dry. Store in a cool, dry location. Do not attempt to modify, repair, or alter in anyway.