FALL PROTECTION AWARENESS TRAINING
Duration: 4-hour Course
A four-hour awareness course is designed for individuals with frequent (daily or weekly) exposure to fall hazards. Participants gain knowledge and skills necessary to identify and avoid hazards associated with elevated work locations. The course features a series of presentations, demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
- Overview of Fall Protection
- The Need for Fall Protection
- Hazard Recognition, Evaluation and Control
- Fall Prevention vs. Protection
- Basic Principles of Fall Forces
- Overview of Personal Fall Arrest Systems (PFAS)
- Selection, use and care
- Equipment inspection procedures
- Proper equipment donning
- Field application exercises with demonstrations and hands-on activities
Cost per participant: $295.00 (Group Pricing Available)
Reference materials, including course completion stickers and cards as requested.
4-Hour Course PDF
Competent Person Training
DURATION: 8-HOUR COURSE
Competent persons are required by the OSHA 1926.32(f), 1926.500 and 1910 standards. This one-day, Malta Dynamics 8-hour course is designed for construction site supervisors and superintendents who have been appointed by their employer to serve as the competent person.
This in-depth course is designed to provide training on the evaluation for fall hazards. The participants are presented with hands-on training and real-world scenarios. The training provides more detailed coverage of the standards and the reasons behind the laws and mandates. The course also supplies the participant with the knowledge and skills to perform the annual inspection and record keeping.
- Definition and Responsibilities
- Harness Fitting
- What/Who is OSHA?
- OSHA 1926.501
- Inspection, Maintenance and Storage
- OSHA 1926.502 and Products
- Hands on Training
- OSHA 1926.503
- Citations and Penalties
- Horizontal Lifelines
- Other Standards
- Steel Erectors
- Aerial Lifts
- Fall Protection/Rescue Plan
- Fall Hazard Task Evaluation (Exercise requiring hazard analysis)
- Subpart M (Exercise)
- Competent Person Inspection (Hands-on Practicum)