PERMANENT ROOF ANCHOR
• Easy to install
• Exclusive hole layout reduces damage to truss during install
• Lightweight and durable
• Can be installed with screws or nails
• Fasteners provided (nails)
• Discreet design
• Intended for permanent use on wood rooftops.
• Meets OSHA 1910, OSHA 1926 Subpart M, ANSI Z359.1-07, and ANSI A10.32-12
• Worker Capacity Range: 130-310 lbs.
• Material: Stainless Steel body and Alloy D-rings
• Min. Breaking Strength: 5,000 lbs
Call to Pre-Order Permanent Roof Anchors
2041 in stock
- Spend $99.00 to get Free Shipping
Guarantee safe checkout
A permanent roof anchor is a significant part of Personal Fall Arrest Systems (PFAS) and Fall Restraint Systems used during work on residential homes. When attached to the ridge of a wooden roof and used with compatible safety systems, this safety anchor helps limit the forces associated with fall arrest. It was built to be used with other components of a PFAS that limit maximum arrest forces to 900 pounds or less.
Designed for wood rooftops and permanent applications, the Malta Dynamics roof safety anchors have two D-Ring ends of alloy steel, an 18″ build and stainless steel body for exceptionally long life. Like all products at Malta Dynamics, the Permanent Roof Anchor is entirely compliant with applicable ANSI and OSHA regulations. The Permanent Roof Anchor is designed for ease of installation and is ideal for both residential maintenance and construction work.
The tensile strength of this rugged stainless steel roof anchor is a minimum of 5,000 lbs (22.2 kN) in ANSI testing. Even with such powerful capabilities, it only weighs about a pound and features a sleek, discrete appearance. Its unique layout also helps minimize truss damage that could occur during installation. Fasteners are included, too, so you can be confident in installation.
Using these permanent roof anchors alongside the right safety harness can help you create safer, easier fall protection for your team. Browse our selection of harnesses and harness accessories for high-quality equipment from the industry leaders at Malta Dynamics.
How to Install a Permanent Roof Anchor
Permanent roof anchor installation is straightforward with this Malta Dynamics safety anchor. You can spend less time installing and more time getting to work. Before installing the safety anchor, carefully inspect it, along with the roof’s trusses, rafters and structural members. You’ll need to ensure the roof is structurally sound and that the equipment is not damaged in any way. You will also need to select a site that meets OSHA requirements, including minimized swing fall hazards and a limited free-fall distance of less than 6 feet.
All employees must be trained by a Competent Person, as defined by OSHA. Explore our training options if your team needs a refresher on fall protection awareness.
Installation steps are as follows:
- Remove 1-2 pieces of the ridge cap if installing on residential roofing with asphalt shingles, shakes or tile.
- Center the safety anchor on the ridge of the framing assembly, and position it so the nail holes on the center of the legs are directly centered with the middle of the roof framing member.
- Use 16d common nails to secure the bracket with all provided nail holes. No nails should split the timber or protrude through the side of the members
These steps are a brief overview of the installation procedures required for this permanent roof anchor — see the manual for more comprehensive instructions and use guidelines.
The Malta Dynamics Difference
Malta Dynamics specializes in quality fall protection and is a trusted industry leader providing safety equipment throughout the nation. We are a full-service manufacturer that takes care of design, engineering and manufacturing for fall protection products across many different industries. Our equipment exceeds OSHA requirements and is built in an ISO-17025 laboratory that uses ANSI testing procedures for reliable manufacturing practices. Put safety first with a permanent roof anchor that’s designed for the task and meets OSHA standards.
If you have any questions about the Malta Dynamics Permanent Roof Anchor, please reach out to us online or at (800) 494-1840!
|Dimensions||13.5 × 4 × .5 in|