MALTA DYNAMICS 18” D-RING EXTENDER
● Meets ANSI Z359.1-07, ANSI A10.32-12
● Compliant with OSHA 1926 Subpart M, OSHA 1910
● ANSI Z359 compliance capacity range is 130-310 lbs.
● Product Weight: 1.3 lbs.
● Easy access to D-Ring
● Material: Polyester and galvanized steel
● Min. Breaking Strength 5,000 lbs.
3536 in stock
- Spend $99.00 to get Free Shipping
Guarantee safe checkout
The Malta Dynamics 18” D-Ring Extender offers a quick and easy way to add length to the back D-Ring of harnesses. Users can more easily attach their lanyards while wearing a harness. The 18” D-Ring Extender’s snap hook component attaches directly to the dorsal D-Ring of the harness. The 18” D-Ring Extender is now the new connection point to the harness. Just connect your lanyard to the O-Ring on the extension and you’re all set. This safety harness extender is not appropriate for use in leading-edge/foot-level tie-off applications.
This safety harness extender consists of strong polyester fabric and galvanized steel hardware for long-lasting protection. With a minimum tensile breaking strength of 5,000 pounds (22.2 kN), the 18″ D-Ring Extender offers significant fall protection. It is ANSI rated for 130-310 pounds, including equipment and clothing. It makes a great complement to our safety harnesses and harness accessories.
The Malta Dynamics D-Ring extension can improve ease of use for fall arrest and fall restraint systems, allowing for quick attachment and release when needed. It is only intended for these two applications and is not suitable for work positioning, suspension or rescue.
Things to Know Before Using a D-Ring Extension
Lanyard and retractable extenders can be a valuable part of a fall or restraint system, but only if used appropriately. As with most pieces of equipment, you’ll need to thoroughly inspect the safety harness D-Ring extension for any damage, excessive wear or soiling from contaminants. Ensure all hardware works correctly and that the snap hook gate can stay closed and locked. Webbing must be free of cuts, fraying and wear.
Here are a few other things to keep in mind when using safety harness extenders:
- Training: All employees using the D-Ring extender or other fall protection systems must be trained for appropriate use by a Competent Person as defined by OSHA.
- Free fall distance: Remember to factor in the extender’s length when calculating fall clearance. The D-Ring extension will increase a user’s potential free fall distance and will need to be included in calculations regarding deceleration distance and connecting subsystems length.
- Arrest forces: When used in a Personal Fall Arrest System (PFAS), the D-Ring extenders should be employed with other components that limit maximum arrest forces to 1,800 pounds (8 kN) or less. For fall restraint systems, the D-Ring extension can help prevent workers from reaching a hazard but should not be used for vertical free fall.
- Falls on the worksite: Remove the equipment from service if a fall occurs.
- Anchorage strength: Ensure anchorage strength requirements are met based on certification and application.
- Connector compatibility: Ensure all connectors used are compatible with the Malta Dynamics D-Ring Extender and your application. Avoid connecting multiple snap hooks or carabiners to one D-Ring. Other inappropriate connections include a snap hook connected to an integral lanyard or to a horizontal lifeline. See the product manual for more information on connections.
These points are general guidelines. Please read the user manual and any applicable standards for more comprehensive use instructions and information based on your application.
Working With Malta Dynamics
The team at Malta Dynamics is full of people with extensive, hands-on experience in the industries we serve and who use our fall protection equipment daily. That means we understand our customers’ needs and strive to help them put safety first with quality safety equipment that exceeds OSHA requirements. Our ISO-17025 lab and ANSI testing procedures prove adherence to rigorous third-party standards and are part of what makes us a nationwide leader in fall protection.
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and certification for all of our products. If you want to learn more about the Malta Dynamics 18″ D-Ring Extender, our team is happy to assist. Reach out to us if you have any questions by calling (800) 494-1840.
|Dimensions||12.5 × 5.5 × 2 in|