The Malta Dynamics Vertical/Fixed Beam Anchors are designed for fall protection, rope access, and work positioning. This structural steel beam anchor is constructed with lightweight aircraft aluminum bars and features a 360° swivel D-Ring connection point. The compact and durable design of this fall protection anchor clamp makes it ideal for use in industries like construction, oil & gas, transportation, utilities, and more!
When choosing a fall protection anchor, it’s important to know what you’ll be connecting to and that the structure can support a load of at least 5,000 lbs. All Malta Dynamics anchors have. Been tested to meet or exceed the strict standards of OSHA and ANSI.
These fall protection clamps provide a fixed beam clamp tie-off point for H-Beams or I-Beams, and can be installed overhead or at foot-level (with the approval of a Competent Person).
This fixed beam clamp tie-off point features two paws, one that is stationary and one that can be adjusted to fit a range of beam sizes from 4.5”-12”. Once the paws are positioned around the beam, you tighten down the locking nuts to create a secure anchor point that can safely be used as part of the personal fall arrest system.
These vertical beam clamps attach without tools and, because of their removable and reusable innovative design, can be used again time after time. It is important to note, anchors should be inspected before each use and immediately removed from service after exposure to a fall arrest situation.
How to Install the Vertical/Fixed Beam Anchor
Installation is straightforward with this Malta Dynamics safety Vertical/Fixed Beam Anchor. You can spend less time installing and more time getting to work. Before installing the safety anchor, carefully inspect it, along with the beam you will be installing on. You’ll need to ensure the beam is structurally sound and is not damaged in any way.
Installation steps are as follows:
- Locate a structural steel beam flange capable of withstanding a 5,000-lbf. static load or meeting OSHA 1926.502 requirements for a safety factor of two.
- Twist lock nut and adjustable nut in a direction to allow the adjustable paw to move.
- Keeping the unit perpendicular to the beam, fit the hooks over the edges of the beam flange.
- Slide the adjustable hook so that both hooks are snug against the beam flange.
- Twist both the lock nut and adjustable nut in a direction that it tightens the paws against the beam to ensure the anchor has little to no play.
- Tug, rock, and twist the anchor in all directions to ensure that it cannot come detached from the flange.
*Always re-adjust according to installation steps 1-6 when moving to a new or different sized beam.
**D-ring is centered on the anchorage connector for ease of sliding on beam flanges. Particularly in rope access applications, bodyweight may disengage the centering feature in some loading conditions. This is not a safety concern, but it may affect usability.
These steps are a brief overview of the installation procedures required for this vertical/fixed beam anchor — see the manual for more comprehensive instructions and use guidelines.
If you have any questions about the Malta Dynamics Vertical/Fixed Beam Anchor, please reach out to us online or at (800) 494-1840!